Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 20 - This is my last day at the plant. This was an incredible experience, but I am ready to get home. Here is a picture from the 5th floor office area looking back toward downtown KL where my hotel is located. The two side-by-side tall buildings are the Petronas Towers and to the left is the KL Tower, the tallest radio tower in the world. This was one of the few clear days since I arrived.
The activity in this town is coming to a halt as the Chinese New Year approaches. The travel to the plant is much quicker without traffic, but finding a taxi for the ride home is becoming a challenge. The guys at work took me out for dinner. They picked me up at the hotel and we went to an Irish Pub, Leornard's favorite. Note: I previously identified Leornard as a "Christian Malay". He informed me this is an oxymoron and that he is Indian Malaysian Christian. He also would like to be referred to as Leornard Bin Guinness. Here is a picture of the evenings entertainment. I though it was amusing that I was sitting in an Irish Pub in KL, Malaysia listening to two Chinese sing the Eagles' "Hotey Carifownia".

No comments:

Post a Comment