I went to lunch today with Kash and Guru. These two gentlemen along with Leornard who have been my main accomplices, and companions. These guys have really taken care of me and I am truly blessed to have met them; quality folks. Today we ate at a banana leaf restaurant, which is primarily Indian. They put a banana leaf on the table and start dishing out rice, vegetables, curry sauces, and other "unidentifiables". We also picked out a marinated chicken quarter on the way in which they fried for for us. You moosh it together while you eat with the fingers on your right hand, no utensils. The food was awesome. We ended with some brewed drinks which supposedly to help with digestion. When finished, you roll up your leaf toward you. This signifies that you like the food and will be back. Rolling your leaf away from you means you do not wish to come back, which is typically (symbolically) done at funerals.
Kash was my main contact during this trip and was upset his picture didn't make the blog. Here he is in front of Thurkah's Banana Leaf, what a stud!
Here is Kash and Guru at the table while being served; for some reason my banana leaf is 2X theirs.
Here is a picture from a few days ago of Leornard and Kash (on phone) at lunch. I don't want to leave Leornard out, the only Christian Malay I met on the trip and a great person, la.
No comments:
Post a Comment