Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 16 - I woke up early, and it is still raining. A workout and breakfast before 8:00, and then did some TI work for the next few hours. I haven't mentioned it, but I am communicating with the family via SKYPE and Google-Talk. SKYPE at the hotel is a little cumbersome, but Google-Talk is incredible. Both are free, and with phone calls at $3.00/minute, they are the way to go. We walked around this afternoon, still raining. I was in the room (22nd floor) and heard sirens, and looked out the window and saw three Mercedes ladder trucks pulling into the hotel. False alarm. One interesting sight was the guy pulling up on the little motorcycle with a FIRE logo; KL VFD?

Still raining so I went to my favorite eatery, the Lebanese restaurant at the hotel (they have 10 different restaurants). They had some girls paying traditional Chinese instruments in the atrium. They giggled when I clapped, but they deserved an ovation. This coming Thursday and Friday are national holidays, and the plant has declared a mass vacation on Wednesday. That doesn't leave many days left in my last work week. Still raining, and forecast for the next week. I think I'll turn in early.

No comments:

Post a Comment