KL is a very diverse city. It is probably 60% Malay with the rest split between Chinese and Indian. It is a predominantly Muslim country, but Thursday is a national holiday celebrating Thaipusam, a Hindu holy day. I'll be back to work at the plant on Friday.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Day 4-5-6 - Breakfast each morning at the hotel. It's an Indian, Japanese, Malayan and Western buffet. There must be fifty different dishes; some good and some not so much. Then a 15 min. taxi to work and taxi home at ~6:00. The taxi rides home can be pretty long; lots of traffic, but the drivers are more intersting than the hotel taxis. I've had one Muslim driver that listened to some Iman ranting, a Chinese driver jamming on some type of country music and a very talkative Chinese driver who was listening to Asian rap. His English was limited; mostly curse words. "F-this F-that, I'm sorry I don't speak much English". 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment